This page is deprecated. Please use our new platform and accompanying documentation.
Opening an Account for Research
Each DETERLab account belongs to a project. Therefore the project leader or PI must first request a project, then other users apply for membership to that project.
When creating a new account, please select your password wisely. See our password guidelines.
Requesting a new DETERLab project
If you already have a DETERLab account, please login first, and then request a new project. This will help streamline the process.
- If you are a PI, project leader or instructor who wants to request a new project on DETERLab, fill out the New Project Application Form. Students that want to use DETERLab must coordinate with their academic advisor who can apply for a new project.
- You will be asked a number of questions about your project and how you intend to use DETER. Please be detailed, especially with respect to any possible risks from your experiment. Our staff member may contact you to discuss or clarify any potential issues.
- The project leader is responsible for ensuring that the project adheres to the Project Plan included in the application form.
- Upon submission, your application must be approved by the DETER Executive Committee; this generally takes a few days. They may contact you and ask for clarification.
- You will receive an email notification upon approval and your user account will be active. You may then log in with the username and password you entered on the form.
- If you are curious about the progress on your application, you may contact us.
Requesting an Account to Join an Existing Project
- If you are a team member or a student who needs to join an existing project, submit the Apply for Project Membership Form. You will need to know the name of the project you want to join.
- The project leader will be informed via email of your request and will be required to log in to approve your account.
- When the project leader approves you, you will receive an email notification and can start using the testbed.
If you run into trouble, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.